Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday September 25, 2009

Friday, September 25, 2009.

2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2 Samuel 22:4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
2 Samuel 22:5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
2 Samuel 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;
2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Been battling with bouts of depression the last couple of weeks. Feels like darkness is just pressing upon me on every side. i have been here before and have learned from experience that the battle is won when i hand onto the Lord Christ with all i have. Days like this its a battle to get out of bed, i feel sleepy much of the time. Like i have no energy. But i fight it with prayer, faith, the Word of God and exercise. i am glad i have these tools as they are life-savers. Today for example, it rained all day. i totally did not want to get out of bed. i would get up and then lay back down, get back up and lay back down. Finally i got up to stay in the mid-morning. i had prayed, read my bible and looked at the news on the internet. i was 60 chins short of my weekly goal and i determined to do them in the park even in the rain. This i did. It was a long, light drizzle really and it was beautiful. i had a great workout and the rain felt so refreshing. i thank my heavenly Father for the fresh air and the strength He gave me today. i ended up accomplishing my workout goals for the week. As i looked back upon the week, i actually got alot done inspite of the depression attack. i cut and chopped a cord of wood, had 6 business appointments, plus did 1150 pushups, 250 chins, 300 one leg squats, 120 tricep presses. Not a bad week as i look back upon it. Especially when i just felt like sleeping and staying in bed. Prayer and the bible are powerful weapons against depression. So are fresh air and exercise.
i ate well also, today being a typical day. Although i must say i ate more crackers than i should have due to the depression. This i am determined to also overcome by God's Grace.
Todays meals were:
Breakfast:
Half a small watermelon, 4 large bananas, 32oz of cantaloupe-mango smoothie.
Lunch:
Soaked bulgar wheat mixed with guac, boiled plantain, chopped tomatoes and 2 oat burgers. 0 c
Exercise:
60 chins/150 pushups/60 one leg squats/30 tricep presses....20 minutes.
Have a wonderful weekend!
todd

No comments:

Post a Comment