Friday, April 9, 2010

Thursday, April 8, 2010........Day 82

Day 82 of the Fruit Feast. i rested my body today mostly because of the soreness in my left shoulder. There is a bone on the top of my shoulder/collar bone area that is protruding higher on the left side than the right side of my body. My wife noticed it also and i am not sure if its calcium deposits or what. By the end of today the pain was substantially lessened. i should be able to resume fullscale workouts tomorrow. From many years of dealing with various injuries and using various forms of exercise, i have figured out a good rehab for my shoulder that will hopefully allow me to go back to doing full bar dips in a few months. As the pain is in my joint, i have found that isometric exercise is the best form of rehab. The good thing about isometrics is, though it lacks alot of explosive movement, it only takes a few minutes. Just holding certain positions for up to minutes at a time will help. i have found that to be true with my knees and i know it will work with my shoulders too. In fact i was doing some shoulder isometrics today as i walked about the house. i would hold my hands at the top of the doorway and stretch my shoulder area forward, holding the position for a few seconds. It hurt alittle while i did it but felt great afterwards. i also just stretch both my arms upward and hold the stretch for a few seconds. In about a week i plan on doing some partial dips, not dipping down deep but just halfway. i feel all of these will help. i would really hate to have to give up bar dips totally. They are such a tremendous upper body exercise. So i will do this little bit of rehab and see if i can bring them back to my repertoire in late June.

In life we all have varied experiences. If you live long enough you will see some of the same situations many, many times. So that after awhile, many things don't surprise you anymore because you have seen them many times before. But there are some things that, regardless of how long i live, they always astound me. (Please excuse me as i vent a little here).

Over the past year that i have been going Fruitarian, i have had several people approach me about how "unhealthy" my diet is. Usually i ask them a question, "How long were you Fruitarian before you realized it didn't work for you?". In every case, the person had not tried it themselves, but were making a judgement based on either some so-called scientific theory or their own flawed thinking. Two individuals in particular though, stood out to me. One a man and one a woman (a nurse). What they had in common was that, as mentioned above, neither of them had ever tried the lifestyle for themselves. But what really astounds me, is their own personal appearance. The man i met in person, but the woman was on the internet and i saw her on youtube. If i were to ask the gentlemen to jog with me, he probably cound not go more than a couple of blocks. He was overweight and you could tell filled with mucous. Here i am doing hundreds of push ups and chins each week,  running with 18 year old kids and feeling 20 years younger than my 49 years and he stood in front of me and said his way was healthy, but mine wasn't. The woman was worse, when i saw her youtube video, i almost choked on my mango. She looked to stand about 5'4" and was rejoicing that she weighed "only" 205lbs! She relentlessly follows me online emploring me to stop eating all fruit because she is a nurse and she knows better and her church says so also and the expert she idolizes also agrees with her. i mean, WOW. Its amazing how self-deceived and hypocritical we humans can be. Now i have seen this level of hypocrisy many times, but as i stated, i always find it amazing. But as a disciple of Jesus Christ, i need to learn how to deal with such individuals. The bible itself shows it is a difficult:
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

So whether you answer or don't answer they will remain fools. But it shows me that i need to grow in how i handle them:

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Lord i have a long way to go!  Praise the Lord for the Wisdom of His Word.  May i be so fully surrendered to Christ that these things never move me in the future. Amen.

Breakfast: 8 valencia oranges, half a mini watermelon.

Lunch: 5 mangos

Dinner: 2 delicious mangos, 1 durian. Fruitarian Fabulous!

Spiritual Bread: 1 Kings 17-20 (the life of the prophet Elijah is amazing).

Exercise: Faith.

Grace and peace be multiplied.

todd

No comments:

Post a Comment