Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tuesday, January 26, 2010...........Day 10

Day 10 of the Fruit Fast. Busy day today as i had some outside appointments. Because i am seeking to stay on two meals per day, i sometimes find myself in situations where i am away from home and hungry. This is because the time i would normally eat, i am out and about. Now in times past i would carry food with me to eat in the car, but not this time. The reason is that i discovered something about myself. i am afraid to be hungry. The fear of hunger causes me to worry about what to eat and when. As i reflected over my past (especially over the last 5 years of dealing in the raw world), i realize this has been something that has caused my eventual downfall as far as eating properly. Fear is not from the Lord, but from beneath. As the Scripture says,

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


Matthew 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?


1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

This has been of great help to me at this stage of the Fruit fast. i realized that whenever i get hungry i go into a mini-panic mode. That especially on the fruit diet, i have a fear of hunger pains because in my heart i think i may have to starve. This causes me to eat anytime i feel like it, which practice eventually sinks me as my lustful appetite does this with cooked foods as well. Christ ate cooked food and was not a glutton. While i believe scripture is pointing His last day people towards raw food, the point is i still should not be a glutton.

So yesterday when i was out on the road, for the second day in a row, i felt hungry. But i just prayed and relaxed and let the Lord deal with it. He did and i was blessed to wait several hours until i returned home to have my fruit dinner (which i thoroughly enjoyed). In this way i am training my body to eat when my mind chooses to let it and not when my stomach chooses to tell me. In a strange way, it felt like a victory.

Todays fare was:

Breakfast:
5 bananas and 55oz of smoothie with pear-apple juice, strawberries, bananas and molasses.

Dinner:
32oz of watermelon-OJ juice, 4 bananas, 4 oranges, 5 figs, 1 avocado.

Spiritual bread:
Luke 21-22

Exercise:
190 pushups,30 chins, 20 one leg squats with medicine ball.

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

todd

No comments:

Post a Comment